Some refer to these delicate – not to mention supremely HEALTHY – Vietnamese delicacies as fresh spring rolls, others as summer rolls. FANTASTIC MAN’s Swedish chef Mr. MAGNUS ÅKESSON describes them as “the perfect salad in a wrapper,” and he’s right. They require hardly any cooking and are ideal for when on the go!
- 24 peeled and de-veined prawns, halved
- ¼ pack of rice vermicelli
- 16 round rice paper wrappers
- 1 bag mung bean sprouts
- 32 medium fresh mint leaves
- 32 Thai basil leaves
- 16 small fresh coriander sprigs
- 2 serrano chili peppers, sliced julienne
- 1 cucumber, julienne
- 3 medium spring onions, julienne
- 8 lettuce leaves: Butterhead, Boston and Bibb are all the same.
1. Cook the prawns. Be careful, a minute to a minute-and-a-half is sufficient. Cool down to stop the cooking process. 2. Cook the rice vermicelli according to the packaging. 3. Place the rice paper wrapper in lukewarm water and soak until soft. 4. Arrange three sliced prawns, cut surface facing up, on the wrapper, add some vermicelli, followed by bean sprouts and a few of the different herb leaves. 5. Arrange a small amount of the cucumber- and spring onion julienne mixture on each side of the bunch of noodles. 6. Roll a lettuce leaf and add on top of the noodles. 7. Now roll it up and you are ready to dip. Popular dipping options are Hoisin-peanut or lime-chili-fish sauce. Chúc ngon miệng!