It’s the end of the working week – and quite possibly the end of the working year to boot. AMEN to that! But, with so many of us run-down and suffering from coughs and colds, the office has been quite the breeding ground for infection lately, hasn’t it? Fortunately, with the correct drinking strategy, the road to recovery needn’t necessarily be incompatible with letting the good times roll. Today, FANTASTIC MAN’s ever-caring Swedish chef MAGNUS ÅKESSON supplies the recipe for a soothing, bright-red drink containing fresh cranberries, which contain a powerful cocktail of protective PHYTONUTRIENTS; those planty chemicals that contain protective, disease-preventing compounds. What’s more, they look totally festive. To your good health, indeed!
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 400-500g fresh cranberries
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 bottle white wine (RIESLING is a good choice for winter)
- handful fresh sage leaves
- 250ml BENEDICTINE liqueur
1. Roast the black peppercorns for a minute or two in a saucepan. 2. Add berries, honey and ⅓ of the bottle of wine, then let it simmer for ten minutes. 3. Smash the berries with a fork, add the rest of the wine and the sage leaves. Simmer for another five minutes. 4. Strain and add the liqueur. Re-heat if needed.